What other ways are there to dispose of garden waste for households that are not able to or do not want to pay the new charge?

For those households that have a garden but do not wish to pay or do not produce sufficient garden waste to warrant paying the annual charge for fortnightly collections, there will be the following options:  

  • Book a slot and take it to the Household Recycling Centre (HRC) at Shidas Lane in Oldbury at a frequency to suit them.
  • Compost it at home for details of the latest offers for Sandwell residents.
  • Share with a neighbour where both parties are in agreement and divide the cost.