Private landlord advice
Apply for a HMO
If you wish to apply for a HMO Licence then please click here.
Remember, you only have to apply for a Licence if you have 5 or more people in 2 or more households in your property. If you are still unsure if you need a Licence or not, please click here. Or, if you would more information on what a HMO is and the difference between a licensable and non licensable HMO then please click here.
Before you apply, please make sure that you have the following ready to add to your application:
- Fire Alarm Certificate
- Electrical Installation Certificate
- Fire Risk Assessment
- Emergency Lighting Certificate
- Gas Certificate
- Photo ID
- Proof of address
- PAT Testing (If applicable)
If you have these documents ready, the application process will be easier to complete. To fill out the whole application, it will only take around 30-40 minutes.
If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pages in "Private landlord advice"
- Private Landlords
- You are here Apply for a HMO
- Housing in Multiple Occupation (HMOs)
- GDPR for Landlords
- Landlord Resources
- Help for your Tenant to pay the Rent
- Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS)
- How to end a Tenancy Legally for Assured Shorthold Tenancies
- List of Registered HMO's in Sandwell
- Rentwell in Sandwell
- Energy efficiency
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarms
- Legionnaires' disease
- Electrical Safety Update
- Call before you serve!
- Secure and Sustain Model