Other types of events

Some events may not fit into these classifications and may be handled elsewhere within the council. Examples of these include small parks activities such as a weekly outdoor keep fit club, market activities and street trading, sports activities such as football pitch bookings or venue room hire. The Events team will be happy to point you in the right direction.

Street Parties

The Events team also look after street party applications and have a simple application process for organisers wishing to host a street party to fill in. Please note these need to be planned a minimum of eight weeks in advance in order to obtain sufficient road closure notices.

Apply to hold a street party

Marches, protests and rallies

You are required to notify both Sandwell Council and West Midlands Police if you plan activities such as marches, protects or rallies. If your activity is moving you will need to apply for a road closure notice a minimum of eight weeks in advance.