Insurance and Licences

All events taking place within Sandwell must be covered by a minimum of £5 million per claim Public Liability Insurance. For some dangerous activities, we may request higher cover. We recommend you also ask each of your providers to have the same amount of cover.

Some activities are licensable. This includes:

  • Sale of alcohol
  • Regulated entertainment
  • Street trading
  • Street collections
  • Car boot sales

You can find out information about licences here or contact the council's Licensing team on