How to access your personal information with us

We realise on occasion, you might want to see information we have collected about you, along with an explanation of the lawful basis we used to obtain and process it.

Such a request is called a Subject Access Request. You can do this by telling us verbally or in writing. Here is useful guidance to follow when you do this:

  • Decide what personal information you want us to look for. For example, an application you made for a school place
  • Then, tell us what you want, in person, by phone or in writing
  • Fill out any forms we ask for
  • Provide any form of identification we ask for

You can make a request to access your information by using our Subject Access Request Form or write to the address below:

Information Management Unit
Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council
Oldbury Council House
Freeth Street
West Midlands
B69 3DE