Privacy Notice - MySandwell
Why do I need a MySandwell customer account?
MySandwell lets you access council services at any time, day or night.
For some of our services you will be asked to provide your personal data. For these services, you will be required to create an account to enable us to complete your service request.
Creating an account also saves you time with auto-completion of your contact information and will give you the ability to view the history of your requests and accounts.
Data Protection Law - Contract
Some of your personal data is required to enable you to enter into a contract with the Council.
Under data protection law you are only obliged to give the minimum data necessary to fulfil the contract. You may be asked for additional information but it should be made clear to you if you are not obliged to give it. Refusal to give this additional information should not affect the contract you want to enter into.
Who we are
Sandwell Council is the Data Controller for the information held about you for this purpose/these purposes. Contact details:
Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council,
Sandwell Council House,
Telephone 0121 569 2200.
The Data Protection Officer can be contacted at the above address and through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel 0121 569 3232
As a Public Authority, we do not have a representative in any other member states of the EU.
How information about you will be used
The information you provide for your MySandwell account will be used to populate any online forms with your details and provide feedback on the progress of your request, for example:
Personal information that you provide as part of a service request may be used in a number of ways, for example:
- To make decisions on applications
- For fraud prevention
- To deliver a service
Sharing your information
Some partner organisations undertake work on behalf of the council and we may need to share your information with them to complete your service request, for example:
- SERCO deliver waste and recycling services
Your details will be kept safe and secure by the Council or its partners, and we will only use them to provide the service(s) for which the information has been asked.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will not keep your details for longer than necessary.
We will hold all service requests for a period of two years from completion of the request, when they will be deleted in line with our retention policy.
Any MySandwell account that has been inactive for a period of two years will also be deleted.
You can amend your personal details at any time on your MySandwell account by updating your profile page.
You are entitled to know what personal data Sandwell Council is processing about you. If you want to obtain the data, or if you want to exercise any of your other rights about the processing of the data, you can contact the Data Protection Officer – contact details above.
You have the right to:
- have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- ask for your personal data used for this purpose to be erased. This right may be limited where it is still necessary for the compliance with a legal obligation relating to the contract.
- ask for your personal data to be supplied in a commonly used format, where the processing is carried out by automated means, so it can be sent to another organisation.
You can also ask for the processing of your personal data to be restricted if:
- it is inaccurate.
- it is unlawful but you do not want it to be deleted.
- it is due to be deleted but you require it kept because of a legal claim.
- you have objected to the processing of the data and you are waiting for a decision about the objection.
- For more information about your rights you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office, which is the supervisory authority for the United Kingdom.
Contact details are:
Tel: 0303 123 1113
Write to: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF