You may want to talk about your concerns informally with the staff or manager of the service you are complaining about. We encourage you to do this, as you may be able to sort out the problem at this stage.

Similarly if you ring to register your complaint we will ask an officer to contact you in order to try and sort the matter out to your satisfaction.

If you find you cannot sort out the problem within 48 hours (two days) of making the complaint, you can then contact us and the matter will be dealt with formally.

Formal stage

We will acknowledge your complaint and give you the details of the officer who will investigate and respond to it. The investigating officer will be independent of the service area you are complaining about. They will contact you to discuss your complaint, what outcomes you want to achieve and agree timescales.

Once they have investigated your complaint they will send you a written response. This will advise you that if you are not satisfied with the response you can go to the Local Government Ombudsman.

Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman

The Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman is an independent service that investigates complaints about councils.

You can ask them for advice at any time, but they will usually pass the complaint back to us if you have not gone through our complaints procedure first. They will look at your complaint and decide whether to investigate.

For complaints about adult social care services, contact the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman.

Call: 0300 061 0614 for help making a complaint.
Text: ‘call back’ to 0762 481 1595
Lines are open Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5.00pm (except public holidays).      

If you have a complaint, you can complete the online complaint form.

You may also be interested in...

The Adult Social Care annual complaints feedback report 2020-2021

The Adult Social Care annual complaints feedback report 2021-2022