Police, Factories etc. (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1916

A permit is required by anyone who wishes to collect money or sell articles for charitable purposes in the street or in any public place. If, for example, a magazine is being sold and there is a representation that part of the proceeds are to be applied for charitable purposes, a street collection permit will be required. No license fee is payable but within one month of the collection taking place a properly audited account of the collection has to be submitted to the Licensing Office. Permits are usually granted for specific dates and specific locations.

If you require further information, please contact 

General Licensing Team, Sandwell Council House, PO Box 2374, Oldbury, B69 3DE.

email: licensing_team@sandwell.gov.uk