My Sandwell Login/Register

Floating support service | Sandwell Council

Supporting Sandwell with the cost of living

Supporting you to make the most of your money and find help if you need it. Find out more about how we're Supporting Sandwell. →

Floating support service

Our floating support service helps vulnerable people living in their own homes.

Who we can help

  • People who have been in hospital
  • People with drug and/or alcohol problems
  • People suffering domestic abuse or other violence
  • People with mental health difficulties
  • People with physical or learning disabilities
  • People with visual or hearing problems
  • Young people who are vulnerable or have just left care
  • Teenage parents
  • Troubled families
  • Offenders at risk of re-offending
  • Refugees
  • Travellers

How we help

We offer support:

  • with settling into a new home
  • to help someone stay in their own home
  • with budgeting or tackling debts
  • to claim benefits or fill in forms
  • with tackling alcohol and drug misuse
  • to access health care
  • with finding work, education or training
  • to develop domestic skills and life skills.

You can download a referral form if you or someone you know would like help from our floating support service. The form must be signed, and can be scanned and emailed to:

Alternatively, print it off, fill it in and then post it to:

Sandwell Council
Independent Living Centre, 100 Oldbury Road, Smethwick, B66 1JE

To find out more about the floating support service, email call 0121 569 5099 or visit your local neighbourhood services centre.