Please read the notes below and check that all of the information overleaf is correct. If you have any queries go to our landlord information page, where you can also find our contact details.

What to do if you think our decision to pay you is wrong

If you want to know more about this Housing Benefit decision notice or if you think it is wrong, you must complete an online appeal form within one calendar month from the date shown on the payment notification letter to either:

  • Ask for an explanation of the decision or a written statement of reasons; or
  • Dispute the decision and we will look at the decision again; or
  • Appeal against the decision and if we do not think the decision should be changed your appeal will be heard by the Tribunals Service at an independent tribunal, who can change the decision if they think it is wrong.

Disputes and Appeals must be made in writing or by the online form, clearly stating the reasons why you think the decision is wrong.

Please note that although landlords have certain rights to dispute or appeal on decisions about who Housing Benefit payments are made to and about the recovery of Housing Benefit
overpayments; normally only the person actually making the claim and not the landlord, has the right to appeal on most aspects of a Housing Benefit claim.

Payment information

You can access information about payments we will make to you and any individual tenant that you are receiving direct payments for online 24 hours a day on our landlord portal. To sign up for, or access the portal, go to our landlord portal page. The portal will let you check:

  • A tenant’s current weekly Housing Benefit entitlement and the date and amount of their next payment
  • Whether their claim has been suspended or cancelled
  • The outstanding amount of any overpayments
  • Your payment schedules and the amounts you will receive

Rent Arrears

If you believe a tenant might be receiving Housing Benefit but is not paying rent, you should report this to us on our online rent arrears form. If we find that benefit payments
have been, or are likely to be abused, we can make future payments direct to you.