Events at Sandwell Museums
There will be lots of events and activities at Sandwell Museums in 2015, keep checking this events page as we add events and activities for the coming year. Most of our events are free unless an entry price is shown.
Please note that our sites are closed to casual visitors in January, February and March - we are open in February and March for special events and activities, pre-booked groups, schools and weddings.
Phoning our sites - please note that staff are not available to take phone calls every day so please leave a message and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.
Join us for our winter woollies and spinning sessions at Oak House for the new year.
- Learn how to wash, dry and care for raw sheep's fleece
- Practice spinning the fleece using a drop spindle as they would have done at Oak House hundreds of years ago
- Use your newly found skills to create a fabulous felted brooch
- Help contribute to a piece of art for the Oak House Museum
There are two 4 hour sessions on this course - you can do one or both learning these skills with an expert coach
Friday 6th Feb and Friday 13th Feb - £20 per session or both sessions for £30
This is a great opportunity to try something new Call 0121 553 0759 to book your place.
The 1600s Volunteer Gardening Group
How do you fancy getting active in 2015? - Join us for our new gardening group open day on
Tuesday 3 Feb 10am-12pm and see if you fancy joining in and finding out
We are putting together a new gardening group at the Oak House Museum and have secured some funding to get the group going and have an expert volunteer to lead the group.
We are aiming to make the grounds far more part of the museum and the history of the site and in keeping with the 17th century. We are also looking to garden for wildlife so that we can offer more wildlife activities at the site.
We are looking for volunteers who can join the group, get active and meet new people, help us to clear inappropriate planting and help us plant herbs and bay and fruit trees in keeping with the date of the house.
You don't have to be fit you can do as little or as much as you can manage and you don't need to know anything about gardening.
The group will meet on Tuesday mornings - if you want to know more call 0121 553 0759.
Local heroes 1914-1918 exhibition - with special events, activities and pre-booked groups into March 2015 As we mark the centenary of the First World War we are exploring the stories of some of the soldiers who fought who came from the six towns that make up Sandwell. Open Thursday to Saturday 1-4pm in September and October, Open Thursday to Friday 1-4pm in November
General event information for visitors
- Entrance to our buildings and events is free unless a ticket price is stated. However there may be a small charge activities.
- We are unable to accommodate pushchairs inside our buildings, due to the size and nature of our sites.
- Where an event is advertised as 'booking essential' we cannot guarantee that there will be any places left on the day of the event. Please call the site to find out.
- We are unable to take bookings via email please phone the relevant site and leave a message. Staff are not available every day to answer the phone please leave a message and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Please note there are platform lifts to the first floors at Wednesbury Museum and Haden Hill House. Oak House and the Manor House are not accessible.
- Last admission to our sites is 30 minutes before the museum closes
- Guide dogs only.
- For information about parking and getting to our sites etc please follow the links to each site.
- Shoes must be worn at ALL times in the Oak House playground
- Find out about the accessibility of our sites with our - access statement.