When you buy a house, your solicitor will make a search of the council's records to ensure there are no hidden surprises, such as motorways at the bottom of your garden or outstanding Notices requiring you to take action to remedy an earlier wrong doing.

Official local land charge searches

Water searches

Water searches, including sewers and drainage, are conducted by Severn Trent Water Ltd.  Please note - the water company will levy a separate charge for this service.

Private searches

Sandwell Council no longer provides a local land charges personal search service or a search of the Local Land Charges Register (LLC1).

You will no longer book an appointment with the team.

Our local land charges register has migrated to HM Land Registry's National Register and they will provide search results of local land charges searches in the Sandwell area.  You can access a new national digital service through your HM Land Registry portal account, Business Gateway or through HM Land Registry's GOV.UK page

Sandwell Council will continue to provide replies to CON29 enquiries.

For more information visit GOV.UK

The following contact details are for information previously provided within our One Stop Shop:-

angelaprice@sandwell.gov.uk - Land Charges register

anitacrees@sandwell.gov.uk - Highway register and adoption

waynemoore@sandwell.gov.uk - Highway schemes (Due to staff shortages and workload, there may be a longer response time than usual)

Sandwell_PROW@sandwell.gov.uk - Public rights of way 

Here is a link to the Enforcement Register.