Applying for secondary school
National offer day - 1 March 2023
For applicants who applied online you will receive an email to the email address provided at the time of application during the course of this day. Please check your junk/spam mail as it is possible it may be delivered here. The email address it will be delivered from is ECS Adtra. This is not a monitored email address so do not reply to this as it will not get responded to. If you made a paper application, your letter will be posted 2nd class on this date and should arrive within 5 working days.
Accepting or refusing a school place?
If you wish to contact us to accept or refuse the school place, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org and this will be updated accordingly. Please include your child’s full name, date of birth and the school you are accepting or refusing.
Please accept this automated response as confirmation that your email has been received and actioned. If any further information is required, we will contact you.
- Your child has been automatically placed on the waiting list for any schools within Sandwell which you have not been offered. If you wish to know your child’s position on the waiting list(s) please email with your child’s full name, date of birth and the school(s) you are requesting.
- Shireland Collegiate Academy and West Bromwich Collegiate Academy you can contact School Admissions via email from Thursday 2 March 2023 for your child’s waiting list position.
- Sandwell Academy please email the school directly as they hold their own waiting list: email@example.com
- For schools not in Sandwell you will need to contact the School Admissions Team in the borough where the school is based.
Adding a new school(s) to your application
If you wish to contact us to add additional school(s) to your application, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please accept the automated response as confirmation that your email has been received and your request is being processed. If further information is required, we will contact you and once a decision has been made we will write to you with the decision.
- To appeal for a Sandwell school, please complete the appeals form either via an electronic form on My Sandwell or you can download the form from the website.
- To appeal for a place at Sandwell Academy please contact the school directly, email: email@example.com
- To appeal for a school not in Sandwell please contact the School Admissions Team in the borough where the school is based.
Proof of address, change of address, date of birth, name change?
If you are providing proof of any of the above, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. and accept the automated response as confirmation that your email has been received and that the relevant changes
(You can only apply if your child’s date of birth falls between 01/09/2011 and 31/08/2012)
If you have not already applied for a place for your child to start secondary school in September 2023 you need to complete a late application form.
Statistics and information
Data in relation to annual admission trends over the past three years:
Secondary schools in Sandwell
Some schools have additional forms which are available to download. To see if this applies to the schools you are applying for please refer to the parent guide.
Medical declaration form
George Salter Academy
Shireland Collegiate Academy
St Michael’s Church of England High School
Stuart Bathurst Catholic High School
Wood Green Academy
Need more information?
Our frequently asked question for parents of children due to start reception or junior school in September should help you find the answer you need.