Green Flag Awards
We're proud to have 14 Green Flag-awarded parks and green spaces in Sandwell.
Green Flags are awarded by Keep Britain Tidy to parks and open spaces that are well looked after and look great. There are more than 2,100 nationwide and more than 130 in other countries around the world.
Sandwell's list includes a park in each of the six towns, a cemetery and a crematorium, as well as Sandwell Valley Country Park and community-run Warley Woods.
- Barnford Park, Oldbury
- Brunswick Park, Wednesbury
- Dartmouth Park, West Bromwich
- Haden Hill Park, Cradley Heath – also a Green Heritage Site winner
- Lightwoods Park, Bearwood
- Lions of the Great War, Smethwick – Green Flag Community Award
- Red House Park, Great Barr
- Revolution Walk (Birmingham Main Line Canal), Smethwick
- Sandwell Valley Country Park, West Bromwich
- Sandwell Valley Crematorium, West Bromwich
- Tipton Cemetery
- Victoria Park, Smethwick
- Victoria Park, Tipton
- Warley Woods, Bearwood
Thanks to all the volunteers, friends and community groups, council staff, waste partner Serco and other partner organisations for helping keep our parks and green spaces clean, tidy and well used.
The Green Flag Award scheme, managed by environmental charity Keep Britain Tidy under licence from the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government, recognises and rewards well-managed parks and green spaces.
The awards set the benchmark standard for their management across the United Kingdom and around the world.