Sandwell Safeguarding Adults Board (SSAB)
We help people work together to stop adults being abused. Visit our website to find out more detail about the Sandwell Safeguarding Adults Board.
What we do:
- We write policies and procedures so that organisations work together to more effectively safeguard adults with support needs who may be at risk and prevent abuse.
- We monitor different types of abuse and how it is dealt with and constantly improve how this can be done. We want to learn more about what works well.
- We provide opportunities for learning and development to ensure we work together to make safeguarding personal and enable people to feel safe.
- We make people aware of how serious abuse is and help them to take action to prevent it.
- We take abusers, and organisations that are not keeping people safe, to court.
Who we are:
Sandwell Safeguarding Adults Board is made up of representatives from:
- health services
- social care services
- the police and courts
- voluntary organisations
- lay members
Find out more
Read our annual report
Read our newsletter
Watch our film 'See Something, Do Something'