If you successfully apply to become a British Citizen, you will be invited to a citizenship ceremony.
Group ceremonies are held at Sandwell Register Office, Highfields House, High Street, West Bromwich B70 8RJ, usually on Wednesday mornings.
The fee to attend a group ceremony is included in the application fee paid to the Home Office for British Citizenship.
At the ceremony, every applicant for British Citizenship is required to swear or affirm an oath of allegiance to the Crown and make a pledge to uphold the values and laws of the United Kingdom
Citizenship ceremonies were introduced by the Government to help people celebrate their British Citizenship, rather than just receiving their documents through the post.
Alternatively if you wish to hold your own private citizenship ceremony, you can do that at Sandwell Register Office with your friends and family.
Prices are as follows:
(Fees apply to each adult attending and you may invite family and friends to the ceremony)
- Private individual ceremony Monday to Thursday - £136
- Private individual ceremony Friday and Saturday - £170
- Private individual ceremony – Sundays and Bank Holidays - £185
- Group Ceremony - Saturday - £100
Book your ceremony
Book your citizenship ceremony
To find out more about the application process for gaining British Citizenship:
- Visit the Home Office website.
- Contact the Home Office by email: Ceremony.Enquiries@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
- Contact the Home Office by phone on 0845 0105200 - Monday to Friday 8.30am to 6pm.