Tell Us Once
Tell Us Once
As part of your registration appointment we provide a Tell Us Once service which allows you to tell most government and council departments about a death. This means you will not need to contact everyone directly and the information will be shared with all services that you have requested us to notify.
To complete Tell Us Once you will need to have the following information available for the appointment:
- name, address and contact details of the person or company dealing with their estate (property, belongings and money), known as their ‘executor’ or ‘administrator’
- if there’s a surviving spouse or civil partner, the name, address, telephone number and the National Insurance number or date of birth of the spouse or civil partner
- if there’s no surviving spouse or civil partner or their spouse or civil partner is not able to deal with their affairs, the name and address of their next of kin
- if they died in a hospital, nursing home, care home or hospice, the name and address of that institution - you’ll also be asked if the stay was for 28 days or more
If applicable, please also have the information below to complete Tell Us Once:
- Marriage certificate (if ever married)
- DWP letter or national insurance number
- Driving licence
- Car Registration
- Blue badge
Following your appointment, we will send a summary statement from Tell Us Once which confirms the information you have asked to be shared with Council departments and other organisations by post.