How to Rent Privately

If you are a tenant and wish to rent privately then you can look through main stream websites or contact your local Estate Agents for a property that is best suited to you.

Please be mindful that all Estate Agents and some Landlords need to be members of: Deposit Protection Scheme, Property Ombudsman, Property Redress Scheme and Money Protection Scheme

Sandwell Council are a founder member of the Midland Landlords Association Scheme and we would recommend that you would check if your Landlord or Agent are accredited. 

All Landlords and Agents must comply with the Tenant Fees Act 2019

The Tenant Fees Act sets out the government’s approach to banning letting fees paid by tenants in the private rented sector and capping tenancy deposits in England. Get more information regarding the Tenant Fees Act