Getting your documents to us

If you have received a prepaid envelope from us then you should use this to return the information / evidence we have requested. 

If you have not received a prepaid envelope you can post your information / evidence to FREEPOST RB SANDWELL.  Documents sent this way will travel through Royal Mail Second class post.

Or you can go on line via Mysandwell and use the upload document facility.

If you want to send your information/ evidence first class or through recorded delivery you can post it to Sandwell MBC ( Revenues and Benefits), PO Box 10597, Nottingham, NG6 6DQ.

How will I get my documents back?

If you have provided original documents, these will normally be returned from our mail processing centre by first class post. If you have provided a Birth Certificate, Death Certificate or Marriage Certificate then these will always be sent back to you by Recorded Delivery. Passports will be returned by Special Delivery.

Any non-original documents (e.g. photocopies) that are received will be stored and then securely disposed of after three months. These can be returned to you if you enclose a note in the envelope requesting this.