You must tell us immediately if any of your circumstances change whilst you are receiving Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction.  

If you don't tell us of any changes within one calendar month and the change would increase your benefit/reduction, you may only receive the increased amount from the Monday after you told us. If the change results in your benefit/reduction reducing, this will apply from the Monday after the date the change happened and you will have to pay back any amount you shouldn't have received.

You can tell us about your change in circumstances using our online change in circumstances form through your MySandwell account. 

Tell us about a change in circumstances

Moving house?

If you're moving you can easily tell us where you're moving to using one of our online change of address forms.

Third Party Authorisation

Please be aware that we can only discuss an a benefit claim with the person claiming the benefit. If you want someone else to be able to contact us on your behalf please fill in our Third Party Authorisation form.

Providing evidence

For information on how to send us your evidence and how you will get it back please visit our providing evidence page. 

Electoral register

Have you registered to vote?

What happens next?

Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction changes in circumstance are normally processed within 20 working days.