Domestic Noise Nuisance

If you are experiencing problems with noise from neighbours, the Council may be able to take action to alleviate the problem.

Noise nuisance can include:

  • Loud amplified music
  • Noise from a television or radio set at too high a volume
  • A dog barking or a house alarm
  • DIY activities at an unreasonable hour

Noise coming from ordinary domestic activities being carried on in a reasonable way does not constitute a nuisance.

Report a noise nuisance coming from a council property

If the noise is originating from a council property, contact your local housing team and they will take the details and investigate further.

If the noise is originating from a private property, follow the links below for the seven steps of noise nuisance investigation, which includes general information, self help toolkits, example letters, online reporting forms, etc.