If you need advice about a trading standards issue, please contact the Citizens Advice Consumer Service.

Get advice and report a trading standards issue

If necessary, Citizens Advice will pass your complaint to our team for us to investigate.

Other ways to contact Citizens Advice

Pass on information about trading standards issues

Our trading standards team relies on information from members of the public, businesses and organisations to catch criminals who trade in illegal goods and use scams to target vulnerable people.

If you can provide information about the sale of illegal goods or scams, please let us know.

Supply information to our Trading Standards team

The issues we need you to tell us about:

  • The sale of counterfeit or illegally-imported tobacco and cigarettes
  • Traders calling on vulnerable residents to offer gardening, roofing and driveway work etc
  • Supplying counterfeit goods
  • Home working scams
  • Traders exploiting vulnerable residents by selling them over priced or mis-described goods or services
  • Traders supplying age restricted products eg, tobacco, alcohol, knives or fireworks, to children
  • Illegal money lending activity - known as loan sharks
  • Scam mail (for example lottery win letters)
  • Food and drink fraud including fish or animal species substitution (e.g., cheap white fish sold as cod) or false place of origin claims.

Please note

Do not use the form for supplying information if you need advice - this is just for reporting an issue to be investigated. We may not reply to you.

If you need to speak to someone for help or advice, please contact the Citzens Advice Consumer Service online or by calling 0808 223 1133.

Important note for partner agencies

The reporting form is intended to complement any existing reporting mechanisms that you have in place with other agencies.

It must not be used to report matters that require urgent attention.