Safer 6 in your town
Our annual autumn six-week Safer 6 campaign runs across our six towns.
Organisations target their efforts and provide extra reassurance as the nights draw in – a time when crime and anti-social behaviour can often rise.
This builds on their close work together day in, day out throughout the year through the Safer Sandwell Partnership to make Sandwell a safer and cleaner.
The 10th annual Safer 6 campaign will run for six weeks starting on Saturday 7 September 2019 with a fun-packed open day with information, advice and entertainment at Haden Cross Community Fire Station, Cradley Heath, from 11am to 4pm.
Each town has a focus week with activities and events:
- Week 1: 9 to 15 September 2019 – Rowley Regis
- Week 2: 16 to 22 September 2019 – Tipton
- Week 3: 23 to 29 September 2019 – Smethwick
- Week 4: 30 September to 6 October 2019 – Wednesbury
- Week 5: 7 to 13 October 2019 – Oldbury
- Week 6: 14 to 20 October 2019 – West Bromwich
The key themes of this year's campaign are:
- Tackling crime and anti-social behaviour
- Supporting young people
- Tackling environmental issues
- Supporting vulnerable people
- Working with partner organisations and local people
You can follow the campaign on Twitter using the #Safer6 and #SaferSandwell hashtags.
Sandwell Council is leading this year’s campaign with support from Sandwell Police, West Midlands Fire Service and a wide range of partner organisations and community groups.
Email the Safer 6 team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Safer 6 town roadshows
- Rowley Regis: Saturday 7 September 2019, 11am-4pm, Haden Cross Community Fire Station, Cradley Heath
- Tipton: Saturday 21 September 2019, 12-3pm, Owen Steet (part of the Tipton Canal & Community Festival)
- Smethwick: Monday 23 September 2019, 11am-2pm, Cape Hill Retail Park (outside Asda)
- Wednesbury: Tuesday 1 October 2019, 10am-12noon, Union Street (next to the market)
- Oldbury: Monday 7 October 2019, 11.30am-2pm, Oldbury Civic Square (in front of Sandwell Council House)
- West Bromwich: Monday 14 October 2019, 10am-2pm, Duchess Parade between Kings/Queens Square
We also have lots of health advice, including advice and support about drug and alcohol misuse.