Report a missed bin collection
We are currently experiencing delays to household waste, recycling and garden was bin collections.
Garden waste collections were suspended for all household due a collection between 30 August to 3 September. If your garden waste bin is full and you are unable to wait until the next collection day you can take your garden waste to the tip, open 8am-4pm every day. Book an appoint at the tip here.
Garden waste collections resumed as normal from Monday 6 September.
- If all of the bins in your street were not collected, please bear with us and leave your full bin at the edge of your property until it has been emptied. We will get to you as soon as possible. Bins may be collected on Saturdays.
- If your street has received a collection but only your household waste or recycling bin was missed, you can report a missed bin collection here. Please make sure your bins were out on the right day (by 6.45am).
If you are reporting a missed bin, you must fill in the form within two working days of your collection being missed.
If you do have more waste or recycling than will fit into the bin, please keep this aside and place in your bin when it has been emptied.
If your bin has a sticker on it
If we have left a sticker on your bin and not emptied it, it will be due to one of the following reasons:
• There are bags in the bin and we can’t see if there is recycling inside them
• There are items that can’t be recycled in the bin
• The waste or recycling is wedged inside the bin and won’t come out
• The bin is too full or too heavy to empty safely
• The bin is damaged and you need to request a repair or replacement
If you need to check why your bin was not emptied please fill in the missed bin collection form and it will display the reason why.
For further information on what to do if your bin isn’t emptied go to Find out what to do if your bin is not emptied.
Please remember - we will not empty bins that are overflowing and we do not take black bags or other waste left at the side of the bin.
All rubbish or recycling must be in the correct bin with the bin lid closed.
You can also report other bins and recycling issues: