My Sandwell Login/Register

Support to find work if you have a disability or health condition | Sandwell Council

£150 Council Tax Energy Rebate - what you need to do next

The Council Tax Energy Rebate is a £150 payment to help with the cost of energy bills. The funding is provided by the Government and paid out by the Council. Find out what you need to do next. →

Support to find work if you have a disability or health condition

Are you on Twitter? Hear about our job vacancies first by following @SandwellJobs

Specialist Employability Support (SES)

Specialist Employability Support (SES) is a government employment programme that provides support to people with disabilities and health conditions who face barriers to finding paid employment.

SES is delivered in the Black Country by Shaw Trust in partnership with Sandwell Council. Referrals for this programme have now closed.

For more information please call 0121 569 5981

Sandwell Council’s Specialist Employment Team (SET)

The ‘Think Sandwell’ Specialist Employment team is a supported employment service for residents with a disability or health condition who would like to find, or return to work and needs additional support to do so.

If you are interested in receiving support from a specialist employment adviser to find a job or apprenticeship please complete our enquiry form, send us an email or call 0121 569 598.

1 Give you tailored support
2 Provide job coaching
3 Match you with the right job
4 Make sure you're better off working
5 Involve your circle of support
6 Set up work experience and volunteering
7 Make adjustments to help you at work
8 Mentor you at work

There is more information about Supported Employment nationally on the British Association for Supported Employment website.

Download the specialist employment team’s leaflet.