Volunteering at our libraries
Volunteer today and make a difference
With busy lives, it can be hard to find the time to volunteer but there are many benefits to volunteering not only for you but for your family and your community.
Sandwell libraries welcomes volunteers and greatly values the time and skills that our volunteers give.
We need you to help us build services which are relevant, innovative and respond to the needs of the local community.
Volunteering is fun, rewarding and it changes lives. Come and experience it at your local library!
We are looking for people from all walks of life to help us deliver services at our libraries for the benefit of the whole community.
Why you should volunteer with us?
- You will have fun!
- You will increase your confidence dealing with public in a professional setting.
- You will be supporting your local community by supporting local services
- Personal satisfaction of helping other people to realise their potential.
- Share your skills with others
- Learn new skills and gain valuable work experience
- Engage in your local community life
- Explore new challenges and expand your horizons
- Enjoy interesting, absorbing and rewarding experiences while helping others
How can you benefit from volunteering your time with Sandwell Libraries this summer?
- It’s valuable work experience - especially good for those thinking of a career working with children
- Counts towards accreditation (UCAS, DofE etc)
- A reference for employment and CV evidence
- Develops confidence, social skills and literacy skills
- Makes a positive contribution to your community
- It’s a chance to make new friends
This is an excellent opportunity to make a real difference to your local community. If you would like to find out more about volunteering with your local library please contact us or call 0121 569 4900.
Follow Sandwell Libraries on Facebook and Twitter for all the latest news, events and activities.
Join your library - for free, for life.