My Sandwell Login/Register

Other Recovery Methods | Sandwell Council

Updates from the council on Covid-19

Check the latest advice on Covid-19 →

Other Recovery Methods

In addition to Enforcement Agents, AOE and Deduction from Benefits, what other recovery options do a Local Authority have for collecting unpaid Council Tax?

Making you bankrupt; applying for a Charging Order on your property & then forcing a sale of that property; or Committal to Prison

You can be sent to prison for up to 3 months if the court decides you don’t have a good reason to not pay your Council Tax and you continue to refuse to do so