Overview and scrutiny
The council has to have what is called 'overview and scrutiny'. This is a special role carried out by groups of councillors appointed to what we call scrutiny boards.
These scrutiny boards do various things to help look at ways in which things can be made better. These include:
- Carrying out in-depth reviews of services or policies that affect Sandwell
- Keeping up to date on new laws and issues that affect the council
- Making recommendations to the cabinet on what the boards think could be done to make things better
- Asking cabinet members and other important people questions about how they plan to do things.
We currently have the following scrutiny boards:
- Budget and Corporate Scrutiny Management Board
- Children's Services and Education Scrutiny Board
- Economy, Skills, Transport and Environment Scrutiny Board
- Health and Adult Social Care Scrutiny Board
- Safer Neighbourhoods and Active Communities Scrutiny Board
These boards can look at all sorts of topics and issues affecting Sandwell.
Suggest a topic for scrutiny to look at
If you have any suggestions of important issues you think the boards should look at, please let us know.
Email the scrutiny unit: firstname.lastname@example.org