Some housing association properties will be advertised through the current Choice Based Letting scheme. Customers can also approach registered social landlords directly to obtain advice about their own allocation policies. 

What is a Housing Association?

They are non-profit making organisations that provide properties for rent. They work in partnership with the Council. They are sometimes called registered social landlords (RSL’s).

What type of home do they provide?

Housing Associations can provide a range of rented accommodation from apartments for single people to large family homes, sheltered housing for older people may also be available.

How much rent do Housing Associations charge?

Rent levels are dependent on the property type and location. Housing benefit is available in the same way as for council tenants.

What type of agreement will I have with a Housing Association?

Housing association tenants will normally have assured tenancy agreements which have very similar terms and conditions to the secure tenancies offered by Sandwell Council. The one main difference is that most assured tenants do not have the right to buy the property they are living in.
New tenants may be given an introductory tenancy.