Sandwell's Big Community Switch
Big Community Switch helps residents switch energy suppliers, move to a renewable electricity tariff and save money on their energy bills. Switching with us means you can benefit from the bargaining power of a large group.
You can register today
How does it work?
- Free registration: You can register before 9 January for free and without obligation
- Auction: An ‘auction’ will be held on 9 January when our pre-vetted energy suppliers will submit bids. The supplier who offered the cheapest tariff will get to offer you a new contract.
- Personal offer: Fom 22 January you will receive a personal offer, based on your registration details, and you can see how much money you can save.
- You decide: The decision is then yours as to whether you want to accept your offer. There is no obligation to switch, and you will have until 8 March to decide.
- Take control: If you accept, you will be one of the thousands who have taken control of their energy costs through our collective energy switching scheme.
Whether it’s for your home or your business, the Sandwell Energy Switch scheme could help to significantly reduce your energy bills.
For domestic customers, the process is different to using a price comparison website and is auction-based. Auctions are held 3 times a year in the spring, autumn and winter. There is no obligation to accept any quote provided.
For more information call us on 0121 569 5396.
Important message to people who signed up to previous rounds of Sandwell Energy Switch
Some people who changed gas or electricity providers using a previous round of Sandwell Energy Switch could now be coming to the end of their current deal.
If you know your tariff is coming to an end and you wish to register an interest with the next round of Sandwell Energy Switch, you can.
If you don't do anything, you're likely to be moved automatically onto your provider's standard tariff which could be higher than your previous rate.
If you wish to switch to a new tariff sooner, you can search for new deals by using price comparison websites.
Thinking about getting a Smart Meter to keep track of your energy consumption?
This short guide will answer some of your frequently asked questions about Smart Meters.