Bulky waste collections
Bulky waste collections will resume from Tuesday 26 May 2020. We will not be collecting beds, headboards or mattresses until further notice.
We provide a bulky waste collection service for Sandwell residents living in houses or flats who have large household items such as furniture, fridges, freezers and other things that won't fit in your bin.
Our bulky collections do not include black bags or business waste
Before you book
On your collection day, you need to make sure your items are:
- Out for collection by 6.45am
- Not left out in the rain if they will become heavy when wet (for example, mattresses and sofas)
- Left at the closest point on your property next to the road (all items need to be placed together)
- Accessible - so not behind a gate or door
- The items you have booked - you can't swap items
- Not going to cause damage to the vehicle compactor
- Not over six feet on any side, apart from carpet or floor covering which when folded must be under six feet in length
- Able to be lifted and carried by a team of two from the collection point up to the collection vehicle
Please note, once you book a bulky waste collection you cannot cancel it.
|1 bulky item||£12.95|
|2 to 4 bulky items||£19.44|
|5 to 8 bulky items||£38.86|
|Fridge and freezer collections (per item)||£12.95 per item|
You will be given a provisional collection date when you start the bulky collection form. You can confirm this date once the form has been completed.
Each household with someone over 60 is entitled to one free collection of bulky waste up to four items or one fridge/freezer in any twelve month period. Fees will apply for second and subsequent collections.
Other ways to dispose of bulky items
If your item is in good condition and can be reused, please try to:
- sell it or give it away by using the internet or through your local newspaper or by asking your family and neighbours.
- contact Community Transport who may collect it free of charge. They usually welcome reusable household items including furniture, fridges and beds and also general household items
- take it to the Household Recycling Centre in Oldbury.