Safer 6 in your town
Our annual autumn six-week Safer 6 campaign runs across our six towns.
Organisations target their efforts and provide extra reassurance as the nights draw in – a time when crime and anti-social behaviour can often rise.
This builds on their close work together day in, day out throughout the year through the Safer Sandwell Partnership to make Sandwell a safer and cleaner.
We're already planning this year's campaign, the 10th annual Safer 6!
The campaign will run for six weeks starting on Saturday 7 September 2019 with a fun-packed open day with information, advice and entertainment at Haden Cross Community Fire Station, Cradley Heath, from 10am to 4pm.
Each town has a focus week with activities and events:
- Week 1: 9 to 15 September 2019 – Rowley Regis
- Week 2: 16 to 22 September 2019 – Tipton
- Week 3: 23 to 29 September 2019 – Smethwick
- Week 4: 30 September to 6 October 2019 – Wednesbury
- Week 5: 7 to 13 October 2019 – Oldbury
- Week 6: 14 to 20 October 2019 – West Bromwich
We'll have more information about this year's campaign on this webpage soon.
You can follow the campaign on Twitter using the #Safer6 hashtag.
For more info, email the Safer 6 team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Safer 6 2018 campaign
Sandwell Council led the 2018 campaign with support from Sandwell Police, West Midlands Fire Service, schools, councillors and a range of partner organisations and community/voluntary groups including Litterwatch, Sandwell Crime Prevention Panel and Agewell.
Our 2018 campaign focused on:
- Tackling crime and anti-social behaviour
- Supporting young people
- Tackling environmental issues
- Working with partner organisations and local people
Each town had a focus week with activities and events:
- Week 1: 1 – 7 October: Rowley Regis – Read the results from Week 1
- Week 2: 8 – 14 October: Tipton – Read the results from Week 2
- Week 3: 15 – 21 October: Oldbury – Read the results from Week 3
- Week 4: 22 – 28 October: West Bromwich – Read the results from Week 4
- Week 5: 29 October – 4 November: Wednesbury – Read the results from Week 5
- Week 6: 5 – 11 November: Smethwick – Read the results from Week 6
We also have lots of health advice, including advice and support about drug and alcohol misuse.