Safer 6 in your town
Our annual autumn six-week Safer 6 campaign runs across our six towns.
Organisations target their efforts and provide extra reassurance during the darker nights, fireworks and bonfire season – a time when crime and anti-social behaviour can often rise.
This builds on their close work together day in, day out throughout the year through the Safer Sandwell Partnership to make Sandwell a safer and cleaner.
Sandwell Council has led this year’s campaign with support from Sandwell Police, West Midlands Fire Service, schools, councillors and a range of partner organisations and community/voluntary groups including Litterwatch, Sandwell Crime Prevention Panel and Agewell.
Our 2018 campaign focused on:
- Tackling crime and anti-social behaviour
- Supporting young people
- Tackling environmental issues
- Working with partner organisations and local people
Each town had a focus week with activities and events:
- Week 1: 1 – 7 October: Rowley Regis – Read the results from Week 1
- Week 2: 8 – 14 October: Tipton – Read the results from Week 2
- Week 3: 15 – 21 October: Oldbury – Read the results from Week 3
- Week 4: 22 – 28 October: West Bromwich – Read the results from Week 4
- Week 5: 29 October – 4 November: Wednesbury – Read the results from Week 5
- Week 6: 5 – 11 November: Smethwick – Read the results from Week 6
You can follow the campaign on Twitter using the #Safer6 hashtag.
For more info, email the Safer 6 team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Town information roadshows were held as follows:
- Rowley Regis (including Safer 6 2018 launch) – Saturday 29 September, 10am-3pm at Haden Cross Community Fire Station, Halesowen Road, Cradley Heath
- Tipton – Monday 8 October, 10am-12noon at Asda Great Bridge, Brickhouse Lane
- Oldbury – Tuesday 16 October, 1pm-3pm at Oldbury Civic Square
- West Bromwich – Monday 22 October, 10am-12noon outside Poundland, Queen's Square
- Wednesbury – Tuesday 30 October, 10am-12noon in Wednesbury Town Square, Union Street
- Smethwick – Monday 5 November, 11am-2pm at Asda Cape Hill, off Windmill Lane
We also have lots of health advice, including advice and support about drug and alcohol misuse.