Private landlord advice
Do i need a landlord licence?
There is no licensing scheme in Sandwell other than for landlords with Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO). Sandwell do not currently operate a selective licensing scheme.
If you are a private landlord or letting agent we can offer advice on issues concerning landlord/tenant responsibility or information about the physical condition of your property.
We hold regular landlord forums to let you know about new legislation and allow you to meet other landlords and agents from across the Borough. You can get information on up-coming forums on the Landlords Blog.
Homestamp - An award winning multi-agency partnership with a direct interest in the private rented sector
We are part of Homestamp which is made up of Local Authorities, the private rented sector, Universities, Police and Fire Services with the aim of:
- encouraging the supply of good quality private rented homes
- providing and facilitating information and training for landlords
- understanding and responding to regional and national issues affecting the private rented sector
- encouraging joint working between all interested parties
Homestamp also manages the Midland Landlord Accreditation Scheme (MLAS) which provides training, education, advice and guidance to Landlords. More information is on the MLAS website or MLAS on Twitter.
MLAS members in Sandwell benefit from:
- their own Housing Benefit hotline
- discounts on HMO licences
- free advice from council officers
- regular email updates
Something FREE for landlords. Find your next tenant in our new free-to-use website.
Sandwell Council have launched a FREE advertising website for landlords to advertise their properties. Open to all good landlords* you can advertise your property to anyone who is looking for a home in Sandwell.
visit www.rentwellinsandwell.co.uk to discover more or to advertise your property now, free of charge.
If you have any queries, please contact Liz Mooney on 0121 569 5256
* Landlords should be members of one of these professional / trade bodies – Midland landlord Accreditation Scheme, National landlords Associaiton. Residential landlords association, Association of residential Letting Agents.