Contact us about Council Tax
If we haven't been able to answer your question here then please get in touch with us.
Contact us by email
Our main email address is email@example.com.
Please ensure that you include the following information in the body of your email:
- your full name
- your full address
- the address your enquiry relates to (if different from the above)
- your Council Tax account number
Please note: If your email does not contain the required personal information we may need to contact you to request this before we provide a response to your enquiry.
Call our call centre
To make a payment call 0845 355 3500
For enquiries call 0845 351 0015
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 8am to 6pm
- Wednesday: 9am to 6pm
Please note that following a recent review of our self service telephony the "hot keys" have now changed and are now as follows:
- hot key 1: payment information
- hot key 2: enquiries relating to reminders, finals, summons, liability order, bailiff warning letter or any other recovery related letter
- hot key 3: other Council Tax enquiries, including discounts, exemptions
- hot key 4: for benefit enquiries, including local Council Tax reduction scheme, claim progress or benefit overpayment
- hot key 5: for landlords who have a tenant claiming housing benefit, to notify of a change of tenancy or information on local housing allowance
- hot key 6: for advice services or to report benefit fraud
- hot key 7: to notify of a change of address or change in circumstances
Visit our offices
You can visit our counter service in Oldbury and West Bromwich for all enquiries regarding Council Tax.
Appointments are available upon request and can be made in person or by phone - 0845 351 0015.
Sandwell Council House - One Stop Shop,
Freeth Street, Oldbury B69 3DB.
- Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 8am to 5.30pm (last ticket 5.15pm)
- Wednesday 9am to 5.30pm (last ticket 5.15pm)
- Friday 8am to 5pm (last ticket 4.45pm)
104-105 Kings Square,
High Street, West Bromwich B70 7NN.
- Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 8.45am to 4.45pm
- Wednesday 9am to 4.45pm
- Friday 8.45am to 4.15pm
Write to us
You can write to us at the following address:Sandwell MBC (Benefits and Council Tax),
PO Box 239,
Sale M33 6GU.