Important notice about payments (rent, council tax and other bills)

Due to essential maintenance, we won't be able to take payments over the phone or online between 12pm on Monday 16 July and 12pm on Tuesday 17 July. Cashiers desks at local offices will also be closed


Whistleblowing is when a worker reports suspected wrongdoing at work. Officially this is called "making a disclosure in the public interest".

You can report things that aren't right, are illegal or if anyone at work is neglecting their duties, including:

  • someone's health and safety is in danger
  • damage to the environment
  • a criminal offence
  • the company isn't obeying the law (like not having the right insurance)
  • covering up wrongdoing

We have a whistleblowing policy in Sandwell.

Fill in the whistleblowing reporting form

If you feel unable to report serious matters of concern internally you can contact these organisations:

  • The external auditor;
  • Your trade union;
  • Your local Citizens Advice Bureau;
  • Relevant professional bodies or regulatory organisations;
  • A relevant voluntary organisation;
  • A prescribed person or body
  • The Police.

There is more information about whistleblowing on the government website.