If you successfully apply to become a British Citizen, you will be invited to a citizenship ceremony.
Group ceremonies are held at Sandwell Register Office, Highfields, High Street, West Bromwich B70 8RJ, usually on Wednesday mornings.
There is no fee to pay for a group ceremony as this is covered by the application fee you paid the Home Office when you applied for British Citizenship
The Mayor of Sandwell or the Deputy Mayor attends each ceremony.
At the ceremony, every applicant for British Citizenship is required to swear or affirm an oath of allegiance to the Crown and make a pledge to uphold the values and laws of the United Kingdom
Citizenship ceremonies were introduced by the Government to help people celebrate their British Citizenship, rather than just receiving their documents through the post.
If you wish to hold your own private citizenship ceremony, you can do that at Sandwell Register Office with your friends and family.
This will avoid having to wait for the next scheduled group ceremony.
Prices are as follows:
- Private individual ceremony Monday to Thursday - £116
- Private individual ceremony Friday and Saturday - £145
- Private individual ceremony – Sundays and Bank Holidays - £158
Book your ceremony
To find out more about the application process for gaining British Citizenship:
- Visit the Home Office website.
- Contact the Home Office by email: Ceremony.Enquiries@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
- Contact the Home Office by phone on 0845 0105200 - Monday to Friday 8.30am to 6pm.