My Sandwell Login/Register

Support for Ukraine | Sandwell Council

£150 Council Tax Energy Rebate - what you need to do next

The Council Tax Energy Rebate is a £150 payment to help with the cost of energy bills. The funding is provided by the Government and paid out by the Council. Find out what you need to do next. →

Support for Ukraine

Support for Ukraine - white text on a blue and yellow background

Sandwell Council has been engaging with the Government and local government partners, including the Local Government Association, to seek urgent clarification from Government on the role and resources that will be made available to local authorities to support Ukrainian refugees.

Sandwell has a proud history of welcoming and supporting refugees. We're awaiting further guidance from Government on the resettlement of any possible Ukrainian refugees in Sandwell.

Government advice on how you can help.

You can also donate to the Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC) Ukraine Appeal. This is a co-ordinated effort with the Red Cross, Christian Aid, Oxfam and Save The Children. Donations to this appeal are being matched, pound for pound, by the UK Government up to £25 million.