The Newly Qualified Teacher Induction Programme aims to support you in your new teaching post. The objectives of the programme are to:
- provide you with a welcoming environment
- develop your confidence and skills as a teacher
- provide you with access to a range of opportunities, both curriculum and professional, as well as giving you access to network groups and existing good classroom practitioners.
Throughout the induction period we will seek to reinforce and encourage development of your understanding of the tasks and responsibilities associated with your new role, as identified by the Training and Development Agency.
The programme includes support and training for key staff involved in the induction and mentoring of Newly Qualified Teachers, as well as providing a menu of courses, networking opportunities and in school support to Newly Qualified Teachers. A Professional Development Portfolio is provided to support your induction and training and development.
Once you have successfully completed the first year induction you will have the opportunity to gain a Post Graduate Accreditation from the University of Wolverhampton.
All Local Authority courses will have an element of reflective practice to add to the Newly Qualified Teachers portfolio and contribute to meeting the induction standards. We offer an extended Early Professional Development Programme to all Sandwell Newly Qualified Teachers. This builds on the induction year and is part of a programme, leading to threshold.
Once the induction year has been completed the subsequent years of the programme provide opportunities to:
- manage your professional learning
- develop practitioner research
- share ideas with other teachers, by planning, teaching and reviewing together
- managing change
- develop your skills as a leader
- plan your career.
For schools buying into the NQT Package or if you need any other information please email Kim Whiting on Kim.Whiting@sips.co.uk or phone her on 0121 296 3000.
Find details of current teaching vacancies in Sandwell.