Pay your Council Tax by Direct Debit for the chance to win great prizes
Paying your Council Tax by Direct Debit is the easy way to manage your bills.
From 1 September 2023, anyone paying their Council Tax by Direct Debit* will be entered into a prize draw to win one of three prizes - a three-month pass for Sandwell Aquatics Centre, a 12-month family pass for Forge Mill Farm and a Premium Cream Tea Experience for two people at Sandwell Valley Visitor Centre Courtyard Kitchen.
The first draw will be held on 1 December 2023. So, if you’re not already signed up to pay your Council Tax bill by Direct Debit, do it now for the chance to win!
Information about our Council Tax Direct Debit Prize Draw
Paying your Council Tax by Direct Debit is free to set up and means you don’t need to remember to pay your bill each month. We’ll take the payment from your account automatically.
You can choose to pay on the 5th, 15th or 28th of the month and you can choose to pay in either 10 or 12 monthly instalments.
*If you’re already signed up for Direct Debit, don’t worry, we’ll enter you into the prize draw. You do not need to sign up again.
Why pay by Direct Debit?
- Paying by Direct Debit means you’re less likely to fall into arrears.
- It’s one less thing to remember to do – your bill is paid automatically each month.
- Payment by Direct Debit reduces the cost of collecting Council Tax to the council, so these savings can be spent on other services.
Terms and conditions of prize draw
This prize draw is open to Sandwell residents who pay Council Tax via Direct Debit.
Winners of the prizes will be chosen at random on 1 December 2023 by generating a random Council Tax account number.
All Council Tax accounts liable to make any payment of Council Tax (including accounts that pay a discounted rate) paid by Direct Debit will be entered into the draw. This includes accounts that signed up to pay by Direct Debit before 1 September 2023.
Prizes are as follows:
- A three month pass family pass (2 adults and 2/3 children) for Sandwell Aquatics Centre.
- A 12 month pass for Forge Mill Farm for one family (two adults, two children). Terms: Agreement of 12 months start date will be made when prize given, additional children / adults can be added, but will be charged.
- A Premium Cream Tea Experience for two people at Sandwell Valley Visitor Centre’s Courtyard Kitchen. Can be used any time except weekends and school holidays between 11am – 2pm.
The winners of the prizes will be asked to take part in publicity (a photograph for use on council website, social media posts and in emails) to help promote future prize draws.
There is no alternative payment available to prizes offered.