The Gifted and Talented programme will support sportsmen and women with the potential to excel at a regional, national and international level within their chosen sport.
The programme will invite and consider funding applications from individuals who require financial assistance in order to further their sporting achievements.
Each application will be judged on its own merit by a funding panel. Funding awards will vary as appropriate in the individual circumstances.
Criteria for funding
Individuals will only be considered for funding if:
- As a sportsman/woman you are a permanent resident within Sandwell.
- The sport you are participating/coaching in is recognised by UK Sport.
- You are already on a National Governing Body (NGB) pathway or have the ability to do so and can provide appropriate evidence to this effect. Please note that if you are not already on an NGB pathway but feel that you have the potential to do so then we can assist with relevant contact details.
- You are willing to share your experiences with Sandwell Council, contribute to and allow your image to be used in promotional literature.
We will not fund:
- Membership/training for clubs
- Physiotherapy costs
- Nutritional/supplement costs
- Any retrospective spending
- Football players (with the exception of the female players and those competing in disability football)
Once completed, email your application to email@example.com or post to the address on the form.
If you need any further information relating to the Gifted and Talented programme, please email our PE and Sports team.
Applications will be considered by the funding panel on a regular basis.