Wednesbury Museum and Art Gallery
The Nostalgia Rooms at Christmas
We're still here! - Sandwell Museums continues to provide a lively programme of events, interactive activities, things to get involved with, blogs, object showcases, videos, blogs, talks etc on our social media platforms so follow us on facebook, twitter and Instagram.
Wednesbury Museum is Sandwell's Museum and Art Gallery. It is a purpose built Victorian museum, housing collections which include fine art paintings, old toys, one of the world's largest collections of Ruskin pottery and our Nostalgia Rooms showcasing everyday objects from the 60s and 70s. There is also a changing programme of temporary exhibitions and activities to run alongside them as well as a lively programme of events for all ages and school holiday activities.
It is free to visit the Museum and Art Gallery in Wednesbury. We have a platform lift to the first floor.
Woodgreen school undertaking Rangoli lessons with an artist at Wednesbury museum
Unfortunately we have no open days currently planned at Wednesbury Museum
Ruskin Pottery Gallery at Wednesbury Museum
Wednesbury Museum and Art Gallery,
Holyhead Road, Wednesbury WS10 7DF
Call: 0121 556 0683 (please note that staff are not available to take phone calls every day -please leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as someone is available, do not call on Mondays or Fridays)
- The museum is on the old A41 Holyhead Road. Parking, including disabled parking, is available immediately adjacent to the museum next to the police station.
- Find Wednesbury Museum and Art Gallery at Google Maps
- Parking is available at a pay and display car park next to the museum. This car park has disabled parking very close to the museum entrance.
Getting to us.
- For more information on getting to our sites using public transport please visit Network West Midlands.
- You can find Wednesbury Museum on Google Maps
An example of one of the many temporary exhibitions we hold - This one was from Spring 2019
Events, exhibitions and activities.
- To find out more about what we are up to browse our Facebook page
- You can follow us on Twitter @sandwellmuseums
- Follow us on Instagram @sandwellmuseums #sandwellmuseums
- Visit the new Discover Sandwell website with information about what there is to see and do in Sandwell. This website is being developeded all the time.
- Events and activities - Find out what's on with our activities listings page.
There is 'More to Museums' - Find out what groups or activities are available for adults to enjoy or get involved with. You can paint, garden, make cakes, serve in our tearoom, research, fund raise, join classes or talks and much more.
The Community Wall and Artist's Wall
We have two walls in our main picture gallery which are there to display works by community groups and schools and another which is there to showcase local artists.
If you are interested in you or your group exhibiting on one of these wall please contact email@example.com
You can call us on 0121 556 0683 for general queries. You can also e-mail us for general museum service queries on firstname.lastname@example.org but please note that opening times information is above along with links to our events and activities listings.
Museums for schools
In the picture
- Find out more about our Ruskin Pottery collection
- To find out about our museum collections online.
- See the paintings we have on display at the museum from our permanent collection.
Other visitor information
- Please note that a cafe is available every day in the Morrisons store two to three minutes walk from the museum.
- There is a platform lift to the first floor, where disabled toilets are available.
- Guide dogs are welcome.
- We are unable to accommodate pushchairs in the museum.
- Admission to the museum is usually free unless there is a chargeable event, but there may be a small charge for some activities.
- Find out more about the accessibility of the building with our access statement to help your visit to the site.