Business support and advice
Whether you are a one-man band or a large corporation; starting a new business or looking to expand; new to the borough or looking to re-locate, Sandwell Council is here to support and advise you.
We have a wide range of information and guidance and support, all designed to help your business succeed.
We have a dedicated business website, Sandwell Business Growth, that holds information and guidance to help support your business - from information for start-ups as well as well-established businesses to details about our partners and projects that can help your business grow.
Regulatory services - which includes trading standards, environmental health, and licensing - can help your business.
Designed to add value and make it easier for you to locate the correct support, information and advice to meet your business needs. Whether you are a new or established Sandwell business or if you are a serious investor thinking of relocating to the borough, Sandwell Business Growth makes it easy for you to do business in Sandwell.
There are lots of different definitions of what a social enterprise is – put simply, they are businesses with social values. They exist in order to tackle social problems, improve communities, or improve the environment.
Have a look at the dedicated page on Sandwell Business Growth for more information and guidance.
Access to finance and support for new and established businesses in Sandwell
Business and financial support finder
Find out which schemes would be right for you by providing basic information about your business, including where it's based and what kind of business it is.
Support for your business from Sandwell Council
The Think Sandwell Business Growth Team who can provide local businesses with:
- Access to a range of business support services provided by Sandwell Council.
- Ease of access to council departments providing regulatory business support functions.
- Access to a range of business support services provided by key partners located within the Black Country/West Midlands/nationally.
- Information about funding and financial support.
- Access to information and advice on pre and post employment training together with general recruitment support and advice.
- Property searches.
- A voice to proactively promote Sandwell businesses within the council and at the wider Black Country/West Midlands level.
- Access to a range of planning support services
- A friendly ear to listen to business-related concerns and offer impartial advice.
If you would like further information about the role of the team and how this service can benefit your business please email:
Sandwell Business Growth
Pages in "Business support and advice"
- You are here Business support and advice
- Social Enterprise