My Sandwell Login/Register

Help with your bin collection | Sandwell Council

Supporting Sandwell with the cost of living

Supporting you to make the most of your money and find help if you need it. Find out more about how we're Supporting Sandwell. →

Help with your bin collection

If you have a disability, mobility problems or other reason you can't put your own bins out, we may be able to help you.

We call this an assisted bin collection.

To request or renew an assisted collection you will need to:

  • Agree to our assisted collection policy 
  • Let us know why you think you need it
  • Let us know how long you need it for, the maximum time is 3 years, after this you need to reapply
  • Use the same form if you need to renew or extend the service

Request an assisted bin collection

If you feel that where you live makes it difficult for you to move your bins, we may need to visit you to make sure an assisted collection is the right thing for you. Very occasionally, in consultation with the householder, we will change the way that we collect waste or recycling from your property.

Cancelling an assisted bin collection 

If you want to cancel an assisted collection, please call the contact centre on 0121 368 1177.