Abandoned vehicles

A vehicle is classed as abandoned if:

  • It has been parked in the same place for a long period of time, and
  • It is not currently taxed

You can check if a vehicle is taxed or if it has been declared SORN.

You can report an abandoned vehicle online or by calling us on 0121 569 6625. Our opening hours are Monday-Thursday 9pm-5.30pm and Friday 9am-5pm.

We need the following information to proceed with the investigations:

  • The location of the vehicle
  • The make and colour of the vehicle
  • The registration number of the vehicle
  • Whether the vehicle has a current tax disc
  • Approximately how long has it been there.

If you are aware of a vehicle being driven which is not currently taxed, please contact the DVLA.

If a vehicle is taxed and has been parked in the same place on the highway for a considerable length of time please contact West Midlands Police.

If your vehicle has been labelled as abandoned and you wish to claim it back you must contact us within seven days. You will be asked to prove you own the vehicle.