Help and Support
The Salvation Army provides specialist support for all adult victims of modern slavery in England and Wales
The Salvation Army confidential Referral Helpline 0300 3038151 is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to anyone who suspects that they, or someone they have come across, might be a victim of modern slavery in need of help.
Everyone who receives support can access a wide range of specialist services to meet their individual needs whether that is within a safehouse or through outreach support.
This can include access to:
- confidential legal advice;
- health care;
- educational opportunities
- financial support
- support in obtaining employment and housing
There is a lot more advice on the West Midlands Police website that can help you get targeted advice and support – see the reporting page for more information.
Barnardo’s run specialist Independent Child Trafficking Advocates (ICTA) services in the West Midlands and aims to:
- build trusting relationships with trafficked children, to help them get away from their traffickers
- give practical support, such as help with housing, medical needs and education
- give emotional and psychological support through counselling
- train professionals working with children so they can spot the signs of trafficking and know how to support trafficked children
Making a referral quickly after identification could support in reducing children going missing and being re-trafficked.
How to make a referral:
Call our 24/7 Support Line 0800 043 4303 and they will support you to make the referral over the phone.
Send a completed referral form to our secure mailbox Email: secure inbox for CJSM compatible accounts only.
Sandwell Council Modern Slavery SPoC
Sandwell Council has a designated person you can speak to if you require any guidance
If you require further guidance or support then you can contact Sandwell Council’s Modern Slavery Single Point of Contact. She will be able to point you in the right direction and ensure you receive support
Contact: 07787 271 010