Wednesbury Museum and Art Gallery
Wednesbury Museum is Sandwell's Museum and Art Gallery. It is a purpose built Victorian Art Gallery, housing collections which include fine art paintings, applied art, old toys as well as one of the world's largest collections of Ruskin pottery.
It is free to visit the Museum and Art Gallery in Wednesbury. We have a platform lift to the first floor.
Wednesbury Museum and Art Gallery,
Holyhead Road, Wednesbury WS10 7DF
Call: 0121 556 0683 (please note that staff are not available to take phone calls every day -please leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as someone is available)
- The museum is on the old A41 Holyhead Road. Parking, including disabled parking, is available immediately adjacent to the museum next to the police station.
- Find Wednesbury Museum and Art Gallery at Google Maps
- Parking is available at a pay and display car park next to the museum. This car park has disabled parking very close to the museum entrance.
Getting to us.
- For more information on getting to our sites using public transport please visit Network West Midlands.
- You can find Wednesbury Museum on Google Maps
- Free parking is available in the grounds.
Important Information regarding the lift and access to upper floors.
Unfortunately the lift to the upper galleries is currently out of order until further notice. There is still lift access to the accessible toilets. Call the gallery on 0121 556 0683 if you need further information.
We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Please note that these are times when we are open to casual visitors. We are still available for special activities, school holiday fun, school bookings, tours, projects and so on at other times.
Easter or beginning of April (depending which is first) to September
Wednesday and Thursday 11am-4pm
October and November
Wednesday and Thursday 11am-4pm and at other times for special activities. family fun, talks, school groups etc
Closed to the public
December - April except for special activities and pre-booked groups including our Christmas activities.
Last admission to the museum half an hour before the museum shuts.
Events, exhibitions and activities.
- To find out more about what we are up to browse our Facebook page
- You can follow us on Twitter @sandwellmuseums
- Events and activities - Find out what's on with our activities listings page.
There is 'More to Museums' - Find out what groups or activities are available for adults to enjoy or get involved with. You can paint, garden, make cakes, serve in our tearoom, research, fund raise, join classes or talks and much more.
You can call us on 0121 556 0683 for bookings and general queries. You can also e-mail us for general museum service queries on email@example.com but please note that opening times information is above along with links to our events and activities listings.
Museums for schools
In the Picture.
- check out our photostream for more photos of Wednesbury museum.
Other visitor information
- Please note that a cafe is available every day in the Morrisons store two to three minutes walk from the museum.
- There is a platform lift to the first floor, where disabled toilets are available.
- Guide dogs are welcome.
- A hearing loop is available, please ask staff for assistance.
- We are unable to accommodate pushchairs in the museum.
- Admission to the museum is usually free unless there is a chargeable event, but there may be a small charge for some activities.
- Find out more about the accessibility of the building with our access statement to help your visit to the site.
Contemporary art and communities
In 2013 Sandwell Museums became part of the Artist Rooms programme bringing world renown contemporary art outside of London and into the regions. Wednesbury Museum displayed work by video artist Bill Viola on loan from Tate and National Galleries Scotland. We undertook a number of community projects with schools, Ideal for All, a refuge, painting groups, disabled art, drama and photography groups and families, many of whom produced their own video art or developed new skills.
Pages in "Wednesbury Museum and Art Gallery"
- You are here Wednesbury Museum and Art Gallery
- Ruskin Pottery