Wednesbury Museum and Art Gallery
Wednesbury Museum is Sandwell's Museum and Art Gallery. It is a purpose built Victorian Art Gallery, housing collections which include fine art paintings, applied art, old toys as well as one of the world's largest collections of Ruskin pottery.
It is free to visit the Museum and Art Gallery in Wednesbury. We have a platform lift to the first floor.
Current temporary exhibitions at Wednesbury Museum - 25 July to 1 December 2013
Sandwell Museums are pleased to be able to host a prestigious exhibition by video artist Bill Viola as part of the ARTIST ROOMS programme administered by Tate and National Galleries Scotland.
- Find out more about ARTIST ROOMS
- Find out more about our exhibition at Wednesbury Museum
- Find out more about Bill Viola
Wednesbury Museum and Art Gallery,
Holyhead Road, Wednesbury WS10 7DF
Call: 0121 556 0683
- The museum is on the old A41 Holyhead Road. Parking, including disabled parking, is available immediately adjacent to the museum next to the police station.
- Find Wednesbury Museum and Art Gallery at Google Maps
Other visitor information
- To find out more about what we are up to browse our Facebook page
- You can follow us on twitter @sandwellmuseums
- Find out what's on with our event listings page.
- Download our current events and activities leaflet
- To find out more about school visits to Wednesbury Museum
- To find out about our museum collections online.
- Please note that a café is available every day in the Morrisons store two to three minutes walk from the museum.
- There is a platform lift to the first floor, where disabled toilets are available.
- Guide dogs are welcome.
- A hearing loop is available, please ask staff for assistance.
- We are unable to accommodate pushchairs in the museum.
- Admission to the museum is usually free unless there is a chargeable event, but there may be a small charge for some activities.
- For more information on getting to our sites using public transport please visit Network West Midlands.
- Car parking is available at a pay and display carpark next to the museum where there are disabled parking spaces too.
- check out our photostream for more photos of Wednesbury museum.
Please note that these are times when we are open to casual visitors. We are still available for special events and activities, school bookings, tours, projects and so on at other times.
Easter or beginning of April (depending which is first) to September
Thursday, Friday and Saturday 2pm-5pm
October and November
Thursday and Friday 1pm-4pm
Closed to the public
December - April except for special events and activities and pre-booked groups.
Last admission to the museum half an hour before the museum shuts.
Pages in "Wednesbury Museum and Art Gallery"
- You are here Wednesbury Museum and Art Gallery
- Ruskin Pottery