Wednesbury Museum and Art Gallery
Please note that our Millais painting 'Hurdy Gurdy Boy' is now on display at Haden Hill House Museum, Cradley Heath as are several other paintings. Please note that the Victorian paintings are currently not on display due to other temporary exhibitions.
Wednesbury Museum is Sandwell's Museum and Art Gallery. It is a purpose built Victorian Art Gallery, housing collections which include fine art paintings, applied art, old toys as well as one of the world's largest collections of Ruskin pottery. There is also a changing programme of temporary exhibitions and activities to run alongside them.
It is free to visit the Museum and Art Gallery in Wednesbury. We have a platform lift to the first floor.
Well I never knew that! Museum musings
Wednesbury Museum and Art Gallery,
Holyhead Road, Wednesbury WS10 7DF
Call: 0121 556 0683 (please note that staff are not available to take phone calls every day -please leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as someone is available)
- The museum is on the old A41 Holyhead Road. Parking, including disabled parking, is available immediately adjacent to the museum next to the police station.
- Find Wednesbury Museum and Art Gallery at Google Maps
- Parking is available at a pay and display car park next to the museum. This car park has disabled parking very close to the museum entrance.
Getting to us.
- For more information on getting to our sites using public transport please visit Network West Midlands.
- You can find Wednesbury Museum on Google Maps
Please note that these are times when we are open to casual visitors. We are still available for special activities, school holiday fun, school bookings, tours, projects etc at other times.
NB: during school holidays, family activities take presidence so some rooms may be closed or have restricted access and the site will be busy with families during the week. Check out our what's on page to make the most of your visit.
Easter or beginning of April (depending which is first) to September
Wednesday and Thursday 11am-4pm
Closed Bank Holiday Mondays and Good Friday.
October and November
Wednesday and Thursday 11am-4pm and at other times for special activities. family fun, talks, school groups etc
Closed to the public
December - April except for special activities and pre-booked groups including our Christmas activities.
Last admission to the museum half an hour before the museum shuts.
Entrance: Entrance to the museum is FREE unless specific ticket prices for certain events and activities is stated.
Events, exhibitions and activities.
- To find out more about what we are up to browse our Facebook page
- You can follow us on Twitter @sandwellmuseums
- Follow us on Instagram @sandwellmuseums #sandwellmuseums
- Visit the new Discover Sandwell website with information about what there is to see and do in Sandwell. This website is being developeded all the time.
- Events and activities - Find out what's on with our activities listings page.
There is 'More to Museums' - Find out what groups or activities are available for adults to enjoy or get involved with. You can paint, garden, make cakes, serve in our tearoom, research, fund raise, join classes or talks and much more.
You can call us on 0121 556 0683 for bookings and general queries. You can also e-mail us for general museum service queries on email@example.com but please note that opening times information is above along with links to our events and activities listings.
Museums for schools
In the picture
Other visitor information
- Please note that a cafe is available every day in the Morrisons store two to three minutes walk from the museum.
- There is a platform lift to the first floor, where disabled toilets are available.
- Guide dogs are welcome.
- A hearing loop is available, please ask staff for assistance.
- We are unable to accommodate pushchairs in the museum.
- Admission to the museum is usually free unless there is a chargeable event, but there may be a small charge for some activities.
- Find out more about the accessibility of the building with our access statement to help your visit to the site.