Haden Hill House Museum and Haden Old Hall
Haden Hill House Museum in Cradley Heath, Rowley Regis is a Victorian gentleman's residence furnished in period style, surrounded by 55 acres of award winning parkland.
The House was built in 1878 by George Alfred Haden Haden-Best who did not wish to live in the Old Hall. Haden Hill House has plenty to entertain younger visitors too and the museum has a lively programme of events and activities for all ages as well as a popular selection of activities for schools.
Haden Old Hall is semi-detached to the Victorian house. The Hall was probably originally built around the late 1600s and evidence suggests it was two farm dwellings. By the time Mr Haden-Best inherited in the 1870s he wished to build a new house to live in.
We believe he intended to eventually demolish the old hall and build an extension to the Victorian house in its place, but this never happened.Although the Victorian house is furnished as a museum with Victorian objects, Haden Old Hall is now just a shell after it was damaged by fire and partly restored.
Haden Hill House, Halesowen Road, Cradley Heath B64 7JU
Gold Award winner in the 'Best Small Visitor Attraction' category at the Black Country Tourism Awards 2008 and 2009.
Call: 01384 569444 - (please note that staff are available to take phone calls on days where we are open to the public, however they may also be available at other times, but you can leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as someone is available)
e-mail us - For general queries about Sandwell Museums you can e-mail email@example.com if you are looking to make a booking you will need to call the museum on 01384 569 444
Finding us: The best way to get to the house is from Barrs Road. From Halesowen Road pass the leisure centre on your left, and turn into Lee Road on the brow of the hill. The car park is straight ahead, but disabled visitors can turn left into the drive to the rear of the house where disabled parking is situated near the rear disabled entrance.
There is a platform lift to the first floor, and disabled toilets are available.
Guide dogs are welcomed.
- Find Haden Hill House at Google Maps
- For more information on getting to our sites using public transport please visit Network West Midlands.
Events and activities
- We have a wide variety of events, exhibitions and activities throughout the year so Find out what's on with our events listings.
- Keep up to date with us by liking our Facebook page
- You can now follow us on twitter too @sandwellmuseums
Museums for Schools
We offer all sorts of activities for schools are are happy to work with schools to create something that fulfils their curriculum needs - give us a call or find out about school visits to Haden Hill House Museum
Our Oak room is licensed for civil ceremonies for small weddings up to 36 guests. Find out more about booking a wedding at Haden Hill House
Get the Picture
Become a friend
Why not join our lively friends group, who get involved with running events, raising money, volunteering and supporting the work of Sandwell Museums. Find out more at their website
Please note that these are times when we are open to casual visitors. We are still available for special events and activities, school bookings, tours, projects and weddings at other times.
Easter or the beginning of April - end of September
- Thursday - Friday 10am - 5pm
- Saturday and Sunday 2pm - 6pm
October and November
- Thursday - Friday 12noon - 4pm
- Sundays 11-3pm (there is a small special activity on each Sunday, check out our events listings to find out more)
End of November to Easter
Closed to the general public apart from special events, activites and pre-booked groups. Look out for our packed Christmas programme of events and activities.
Haden Old Hall
Haden Old Hall is open for special events, activities and open days throughout the year. Call the house for more information on next open days or click our events and activities page.
Other information for visitors
- The tearoom offers freshly made hot drinks and snacks for special events and advertised weekends during the summer high season only. At other times a vending machine is available during normal opening hours.
- Please note that we can't allow pushchairs into the building particularly on event days and at busy times due to the volume of visitors.
- The house has a programme of temporary exhibitions.
- A lift is available for disabled visitors to allow access to the first floor.
- Disabled access is at the rear of the house.
- Opening times may vary for special events.
- Last admission to the museum is half an hour before the museum closes.
- Entrance to the house is usually free, but there is sometimes a small charge for special events and activities.
- Find out more about accessibility of the building with our access statement.
Visit our small souvenir shop near reception, where there are a range of items including greeting cards, local history publications, gifts and toys. Ice creams are also available on reception
There is a vending machine within the house which provides quality hot and cold drinks, and for special events we employ a catering service for drinks, light lunches, cakes and so on.
There is open water close to this site. For water safety advice please read the Water Safety Information from the ROSPA website.
Pages in "Haden Hill House Museum and Haden Old Hall"
- You are here Haden Hill House Museum and Haden Old Hall
- Weddings at Haden Hill House