If you have a learning disability and live in Sandwell, there are services to support you, your family and your carers.
Contact our adult social care service for advice, information and support.
Email us: email@example.com
Call us: 0121 569 2266
We are open from 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Thursday, and 9am to 5pm on Fridays. We can refer you to other services that you need.
We want you to have as much choice and control in your life as possible. You may be able to get a personal budget to pay for the support you need.
Here are some of the things we can tell you about, and support you with:
- Care and support assessments - to find out what you need and help you to get it.
- Direct payments and personal budgets to give you control over the support and services you need.
- Things to do in the day time - including referrals to our Disability Day Opportunities services.
- Transport and travel - including training to help you gain confidence.
- How to stay safe - making sure that you are not abused, neglected or taken advantage of.
- Health advice.
- Jobs and training - support to get and keep a job or learn new things.
- Having your say (through a self-advocacy organisation called Changing Our Lives).
- Support for your family and carers.
- Shared Lives Scheme - providing residential placements for adults with learning disabilities in someone else's home.
Welfare Rights service for people with learning disabilities and their family carers.
A welfare rights officer can meet the carer and the person with the learning disability in their own home or in a neighbourhood office. The welfare rights officer will check the benefits everyone in the family is getting. This is to make sure that everyone is claiming all the money they are entitled to. Often people do not claim enough. The welfare rights officer will help with claim forms and will help you take things further if your claim is not successful.
Call: 0121 569 3158 to speak to the Advice Line between 9.30am and 12.30pm. Outside of these hours you will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org