The next elections held in Sandwell will be the local elections in each of the 24 council wards on Thursday 3 May 2018.
At least one seat is up for election in each ward though in some wards, more than one seat is being contested.
The wards in each town are:
- Oldbury: Bristnall, Langley, Oldbury, Old Warley.
- Rowley Regis: Blackheath, Cradley Heath and Old Hill, Rowley, Tividale.
- Smethwick: Abbey, Smethwick, Soho and Victoria, St Pauls (2 seats).
- Tipton: Great Bridge, Princes End, Tipton Green.
- Wednesbury: Friar Park, Wednesbury North and Wednesbury South.
- West Bromwich: Charlemont with Grove Vale, Greets Green and Lyng (2 seats), Great Barr with Yew Tree, Hateley Heath, Newton, West Bromwich Central.
Here is a list of the candidates standing in the 2018 local elections in Sandwell.
The last local election in Sandwell was on Thursday 5 May 2016. How Sandwell voted in 2016.
Key dates for the 2018 local elections
- The deadline for registering to vote in the 2018 local elections is Tuesday 17 April 2018.
- The deadline for making a postal vote application is Wednesday 18 April 2018 at 5pm.
- The deadline for making a proxy vote application is Wednesday 25 April 2018 at 5pm.
- Poll cards will be delivered from 28 March.
- Postal votes will be dispatched on 18 April.
- Postal votes must be received by 10pm on Thursday 3 May 2018.
The council must receive your postal vote by 10pm on Thursday 3 May 2018. If you miss the post, you can hand it in at Sandwell Council House, Oldbury, or at any polling station in your ward before 10pm on Thursday 3 May 2018.
Please note: If you have received a postal ballot pack that makes reference to Thursday 8 June 2017, this is wrong. We apologise for this error. The deadline is 10pm on Thursday 3 May 2018.
Information for candidates
The deadline to stand as a candidate in the local elections has passed.
Information on standing as a candidate in local elections is available on the Electoral Commission's website.
You should also read the purdah guidance from the Electoral Commission and also the council's guidance on the display of election posters.
Candidates may also need details of the eligible electorate for expenses purposes.
We will be receiving completed nomination forms between 10am and 4pm from Tuesday 27 March and close of nominations at 4pm on Friday 6 April 2018. The elections team can informally check your paper before the submission deadline.
Working during the election
If you are interested in working on this year's election and you are employed by Sandwell Council please download and complete an internal application form.
If you are interested in working on this year's election and you do not work for Sandwell Council please download and complete an external application form.