Sandwell Leader announces Cabinet roles and responsibilities
Published 17th May 2023
Councillor Kerrie Carmichael, Leader of Sandwell Council has announced her Cabinet for the municipal year of 2023/24.
Cabinet members and their portfolios are:
- Councillor Bob Piper (Statutory Deputy Leader) - Finance and Resources
- Councillor Suzanne Hartwell (Deputy Leader) - Health and Adult Social Care
- Councillor Simon Hackett Children, Young People and Education
- Councillor Syeda Khatun - Public Health and Communities
- Councillor Danny Millard - Environment and Highways
- Councillor Laura Rollins - Housing and Built Environment
- Councillor Charn Singh Padda - Leisure and Tourism
- Councillor Peter Hughes - Regeneration and WMCA
Councillor Kerrie Carmichael, Leader of Sandwell Council, said: “Over the last year, we have made huge progress in meeting our ambitions for Sandwell to be a place where everyone can fulfil their potential and be proud to live here.
“My Cabinet and I are committed to delivering the best possible outcomes for Sandwell residents.
“Together, we are determined to continue to do everything we can to support people through the cost of living emergency, improve the way residents can access our services and build on the opening of the Sandwell Aquatics Centre as a catalyst for revitalising our neighbourhoods.”
Roles and portfolios of Cabinet Members will be formally announced at Sandwell’s Annual Council meeting on Tuesday 23 May at 6pm.
More details of roles and responsibilities can be found on the council's website.